Our range of services offer children greater learning opportunities during the crucial early years of development.
Strong Start works with first time mothers (aged under 25 years) during their pregnancy and continues working with the family until the infant is two years old. The program is for families experiencing complex issues.
Strong Start provides direct case management, with Child and Family Health Service (CaFHS) providing nursing. The aim is for the families to make a successful transition to parenting and ensure their children have the best possible start to life.
Strong Start practitioners aim to provide high quality, tailored intervention services. This can include:
- parenting education
- monitoring children’s development and growth
- addressing financial or housing issues
- linking parents to social supports.
Child and Family Health Services (CaFHS)
Child and Family Health Service offers support for infants, children and families living in South Australia, such as:
- health checks at key developmental ages between birth and five years
- consultations for parenting support such as settling, feeding or breastfeeding
- self-weigh facilities
- Early parenting groups for parents/carers of babies aged four weeks to four months
- Neonatal hearing screening
- Parent Helpline for telephone information and support
For further information, please visit www.cafhs.sa.gov.au or phone 1300 733 606 to make an appointment.
The Smith Family
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Our Learning for Life program provides families with practical education support, opportunities to increase their children’s success at school, TAFE and university. Achieving a good education can lead to better job prospects, the security of a regular income and the skills to participate in community life.
To understand who is eligible for Learning for Life program please call 1800 024 069 or visit thesmithfamily.com.au