Located in Adelaide’s northern suburbs, our primary school is a medium-sized school with excellent facilities and a strong parent and community focus. We provide a high-quality education and build supportive relationships to help students achieve their goals.
Our school offers:
- Individual academic support from high-quality teaching staff
- A healthy lifestyle program through physical education and healthy eating initiatives
- A wide range of facilities, including a large oval, 2 playgrounds and a gym hall
- An environmental and sustainability focus.
At our school, students can learn and grow in a safe, inclusive and supportive environment.
- active listening
- good manners and being considerate
- always trying our personal best
- never giving up.
- being trustworthy and taking responsibility for our actions
- working towards goals.
- being kind, caring and friendly to others
- looking after our environment
- helping and encouraging others.
Elizabeth Grove Primary School opened in 1960, just after Elizabeth Grove Infant School opened on the same site in 1959. In the early 1970s, an open space unit was built to house four very large classes of grade five and six students.
In the late 1990s, Elizabeth Grove Junior Primary School and Elizabeth Grove Primary School joined under one name. In the mid-2000s, the Elizabeth Grove Children’s Centre (formerly Elizabeth Grove Kindergarten) moved to the school site and became known as the Elizabeth Grove Community Campus from 2005.
In December 2010, the gym and covered outdoor learning areas opened during our 50th anniversary celebrations. With a future focus on research, innovation, and a shared vision, further improvements are planned at Elizabeth Grove Primary School to support student learning.