Child family and health services (b-3 years)
STRONG START (PRE BIRTH-2)
Kids ’n’ You Family Services is an early intervention program that increases family and community capacity to raise children in safe, supportive and nurturing environments. The service is part of the Children and Families Integration Service provided by CYWHS. The service provides centre-based programs for families and children aged up to five years who have experienced the effects of domestic violence, mental health problems and childhood abuse. Children attending the service are assessed and each child then participates in a tailored program to enhance their development.
Kids ‘n’ You Family Services also includes intensive home visiting and group work for families with children aged up to 18 years old, a Fatherhood Program and a DADS support group.
“The launch of co-located services at the Elizabeth Grove Primary School is an exciting development for the children and families in the local community of Elizabeth and Elizabeth Grove,” said Heather Gray, CYWHS CE.
“The move means that Kids ‘n’ You staff can now work collaboratively with school staff to provide immunisation, training for peer supporters and support programs.
“The Elizabeth Grove campus is now in a position to offer a one-stop-shop of child care, preschool, school, child health and family support services.”
INTENSIVE HOME VISITING
- To Families with children 0—18 yrs who live in the Salisbury and Playford Council areas.
- All referrals for this program must come from Children Youth and Family Services.
CENTRE BASED SERVICES
- For women with children 0—5 yrs who live in the Playford area.
- Referrals can be made to this program by any agency or individual
- The Children’s room offers care for your children when you attend a group or counselling.
- The Kids ’n’ You Family Services recognises the key role that women play in the care and development of their children, and their desire for positive relationships with their children
Provided by the service include :
- Support and information groups for parents
- Peer Supporting
- Support for fathers
The service can also work with clients to link into community services and support clients to take action on issues that effect them and their families
Respect ⋅ Honesty ⋅ Community
Report an Absentee
Report an absentee by filling out the form.